What we look for
Helping entrepreneurial managers achieve their goals
At RJD, we choose to work with companies we know we can help - established businesses in services and consumer niches with a clear strategy for growth which is often supported by acquisitions.
We invest between £5 million and £20 million in transactions worth between £10 million and £50 million. We are very flexible in how we structure transactions:
- Majority or minority shareholdings
- Follow-on capital to support acquisitions or other capital led growth
- Supported with or without third party senior debt
Ultimately, relationships are the critical factor and we seek to partner with exceptional managers who value our approach.
We have significant and repeat experience in the following niches:
- Financial services support and administration
- Education and training
- Multi site leisure
- Specialist travel
- Consumer brands and ecommerce
- Vertically focussed IT services and software
- White collar services
The services and consumer niches we target operate in markets which are supported by certain long-term growth trends.
- Long term demographic changes, including an ageing population
- An ongoing need to update and improve skills and the UK workforce
- Consumers’ increasing desire to be recognised as having ‘personal needs’ rather than being part of the ‘mass market’
- Scarcity of resources and increasing environmental concerns driving individual and business behaviour
- Increasing concerns around business risk leading to increased spending on regulatory compliance and security
We have enjoyed working in partnership with RJD over the past five years to transition the business from family ownership into the leading independent holiday park group in Scotland and Northern England.
We are delighted to have worked with Graham, Bev, and Andrew and the rest of the team at Verdant. With RJD’s support the team has developed a market-leading brand in the holiday park sector, and we wish them well as they continue to develop the business under new ownership. This transaction delivers a successful exit for RJD and our funds.